Boxee+Hacks has been updated to version 1.4.6!
The new version mainly improves fanart support, and should get rid of those python errors that have been popping up for many international users.
But that’s not all. In addition the following improvements have also been released:
- Fixes the Boxee Box shutdown issue
- Increased SMB cache for better network performance
- General fanart handling improvements (better detection for TV shows)
- Friends can now be replaced by apps
- Pandora app has been added as option for on the Home screen
- Fixes jump to last unwatched episode when browsing in reversed order
- Other small stability improvements
Updated to 1.4.6 (from 1.4.5) to include a fixes to Pandora music icon, Boxee Box shutdown, and some other jump to latest unwatched item issues
Hi guys. I’ve been abroad for a while for work. It’s been exciting and interesting, but has left me no time whatsoever to work on BoxeePlus for that last few weeks. Now that I have returned I’ve picked up development again, and am working on a few things.
The primary goal of the next release will be to fix the biggest bugs that people are experiencing with the current version. Most issues resolve around script errors. This is mostly due to non-default (foreign language) characters used in filenames or titles. But there are also some other issues that I want to improve. Next version should be a whole lot more stable!
As for timelines, remember I’m doing this while I also have a full-time job. However I hope to have this release out somewhere next week.
Also I want to tell you all how much I appreciate all the donations. I’m not doing this for money, but because I want these features as well; however it does help a lot that I feel the work is appreciated, and keeps me motivated to fix all the small details and issues!
Also you may have noticed however the donation link is gone. This is due to an issue I’m currently having with PayPal, which I’m trying to resolve. Hopefully I’m able to restore it sometime soon.
There is a minor update (to version 1.4.2) out now. New in this version:
- fixes fanart not showing unless carrousel-view is selected
- only shows fanart on the home screen if the fanart file for that movie or tvshow exists
- updated settings for handling buffering of large HD files
There are more updates coming for other fanart related issues, however I have to travel for work for a week, and wanted to get this update out before then. Will give you an update when I get back…
After finishing up some final testing on the new fanart features in 1.4 we finally nailed the last (known) bugs. So fire your download engines and update now. Oh you first want to know what’s new? Sure, well here goes:
- Customize your home screen! By replacing the Movies, Shows or Music sections with specific apps such as Netflix, Revision3, Spotify and more
- Fanart all the things! Now on your home screen, in your TV Shows, in your file listings, everywhere
- New view mode! A fanart and poster focused carrousel view mode
- Directly access the weather app from the home screen (move up to the weather icon that’s already there)
- Automatically jump to the last unwatched episode of a TV Show
- A Growl plugin, to send notifications on your Mac to your Boxee Box
- A new plugin system, and new APIs for developers!
And these are just the highlights. There are a lot of other under the hood improvements and bug fixes. Enjoy!
A quick preview of the new Home fanart feature, and the new fanart view mode. 1.4.0 is all about the fanart pushing it front and center.
Yes finally a blog. Here you’ll find the latest updates about Boxee plus and cool sneak previews on upcoming features.